Thursday, February 10, 2011

Maybelline FIT me! Cosmetic line Review

So earlier this week I had the pleasure to be asked by my college school mate to do a review on the new foundation she has been trying. Once I heard about it...I had to have it so I ran out to my local CVS and purchased the products. I purchased the foundation, concealer, and blush. I didn't choose to pick the powder because they did not have my shade. Here is how I feel about these products.....


The FIT me! Foundation:

This foundation claims to let your skin breathe, give you a flawless finish, long wear coverage, & easy blendability. So far...yes, it has done everything it claims to do but there are a couple of dislikes on my end. First of all, let's begin w/ the packaging. The bottle looks different & appealing until you twist open the cap. I do not like pour spout foundations. Frankly...they make a mess for me and are less likely to be controllable when pouring. I prefer a pump action bottle or a squeeze tube. Second, let's talk about the shades. I find that the shades come off a bit orange initially. I had to blend it quite a bit in order to get it to my skin tone. It eventually did but it took time to work the product into my skin. I would suggest you mix it w/ a lighter tinted moisturizer just to knock the color down a notch. With that being said...once you do get it blended and looking flawless...your skin does not feel the weight. You will feel great and even double check that you still have full coverage because the foundation is so incrediably light and airy. I wore my foundation for 12 hours without touch ups and before I went to bed it was still going strong as I went to wash my face. I'm pleased with it's coverage. I do recommend you carry blot papers or a transluscent powder in order to get rid of shine. All in all, it is a great product and I would recommend it. Retails for $7.99 (my shade is in 235)

Concealer:


The concealer is a WIN WIN! I have dark circles under my eyes and this concealer did away with that immediately. Blendable, light, perfect want in packaging, & long wearability! LOVE IT!

Retails for $6.99 (my shade is 25)



The Blush:

The blush is just as great as the concealer. The shade I bought was so beautiful on my skin it gave me a sunkissed glow/bronzy look w/a nice hint of baby pink undertones. The shimmer it gives off is not overwhelming and it is definitly an everyday wearable day or night blush. I do not like the small, flat blush brush that comes with the product, I'd rather have more product. Retails for $5.99 (my color is in medium nude)

No comments:

Post a Comment